THIS WEBSITE PROVIDES LIMITED INFORMATION
The title information obtained from this Online Services Vehicle/Watercraft Title Search website ONLY discloses details about titles issued in the State of Ohio. It does not show whether a vehicle was titled in another state/jurisdiction for any period of time.
Ohio County Clerks of Courts issue titles utilizing the Ohio Automated Title Processing System (ATPS), and through the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), they are also provided a history of brands and notations applied to each motor vehicle by other states/jurisdictions. NMVTIS also offers information supplied by reporting entities, as required by Federal law, that may disclose if a vehicle was ever in the possession of a junk or salvage yard, declared a “total loss” by an insurance company, or branded by another state/jurisdiction. However, please be advised that government agencies are prohibited from sharing the NMVTIS information with the Public , so that information will not be displayed in the title search results.
For the Public
- In order to receive more detailed information about a vehicle, visit the NMVTIS website to request a Vehicle History Report from an approved NMVTIS Data Provider
- A Vehicle History Report will enable a consumer to make an informed decision regarding the purchase of a motor vehicle
- The Ohio BMV does not endorse any specific NMVTIS Data Provider
- To learn more about NMVTIS and the valuable information it provides to consumers regarding a vehicle's title history
Contact the Title Support Section
- Live Chat www.ohiobmv.gov
- Email email@example.com
- Call (614) 752-7671